Business Owners: Save Money on Your Heating Bill This Season
Before you know it, it will be time to crank up the heat in the office. Business owners cannot avoid this, especially if you have employees working in the office. If your employees are not comfortable in the office, they may not be as productive as possible.
To ensure that you are keeping the place warm and toasty, you will need to turn on the heating system. While it may seem impossible to do this without dishing out cash, our agents beg to differ. There are always ways to heat up without throwing too much money down. Here are a few energy saving tips to follow:
• Have a professional come and “tune up” your heating system. A well maintained system will work more efficient and will last much longer over the years.
• Check on the air filters in your heating system to ensure they are clean. Clean filers will produce high quality air for less money.
• Keep your thermostat set at a comfortable temperature rather than changing. Too much change and fluctuation will reflect negatively on your bill.
• Take advantage of natural light and heat by opening the shades/blinds.
• Turn off the heat over the weekend to avoid “wasting” energy and heat when no one is there to appreciate it.
• Consider investing in a new heating system, preferably Energy Star qualified. You are guaranteed to save money over the course of time.
Our agents hope that you have found these tips helpful. The last thing we want is for our clients and the community to be overpaying on heating and energy bills. Good luck and stay warm this season!